You might want to learn how to tell if a cat is pregnant if you are a cat owner that truly cares about your cat. Especially if your cat is recently going through heat cycle, thus this is something that you need to learn right away.
Learn How to Tell If a Cat is Pregnant
There are several things that you can use to tell whether your cat is pregnant or not. The first method is through the pregnant cat behavior which different from before such as:
- Becoming more affectionate than before and continue to seek for your attention.
- The cat will be looking for a place to nest so she will start to go a quiet as well as more private spot in your area as a place for her to give birth.
- Having bigger appetite as now she is pregnant thus she will need to eat more food for the fetus growth.
- No more heat cycle as now she already pregnant so if usually the cycle happens every ten days or two weeks then it may stop completely.
- Vomit, this behavior is the same as pregnant woman who suffer from morning sickness.
The second method is through their physical changes which some are quite apparent than other. Thus you might want to pay attention more on their physical changes such as:
Pinking, it is the condition where her nipple becomes swell and turn into pink color.
Bigger belly, this physical change may not be notice at first. But once the fetus gets bigger than her belly will also become bigger.
The most accurate method, which you can use to know whether your cat is truly pregnant or not, is by using clinical check. Of course, this needs to be done by your veterinarian so you can bring your feline to them if you notice some change on her like we mention above.
There are some methods that the veterinarian usually does to ensure whether your cat is truly pregnant or not such as:
Palpation in this method, the veterinarian will use their palm to press your cat belly to feel the growing method.
Ultrasound, this method is more advanced as the veterinarian will use ultrasound to detect as early as two week times.
By using all of those above method, now it is easier for you to know whether your cat is truly pregnant or not and think of other option for the pregnancy.